Love me some activewear!! Especially when its so cute!! You’re warm and comfy- you might make it to the gym, you might not… =)
Tonight Im sharing a few ways I stay healthy through the holidays with Nordstrom. A time when food and treats is a big part of celebrating!! And cold weather can sometimes lead to lack of motivation to work out.
- Limit sugar!! I know its yummy but sugar is the devil. Haha!! If you have a treat, try only eating half of it- and throwing the rest of it away- or sharing. Thats what I do. I know it sounds weird but if I get a peppermint hot chocolate or spiced caramel cider from Starbucks I drink half of it and dump the rest!! If you drink alcohol dont forget about the sugar those drinks contain!!
- Start the morning off with hot lemon water- I do this several times a week!! There are so many benefits to this- it detoxes your body, alkalizes, helps with weight loss and metabolism, and helps your immune system!!
- Most mornings I eat pre-packaged oatmeal with flaxseed from Trader Joes. It helps me avoid over-eating, its filling and healthy, and yummy!! You can sprinkle a little brown sugar over it or a little raw honey is what I use- or berries!!
- Exercise!! I try to workout 3-5 times per week. Sometimes it only happens once or twice a week though, and thats ok!! 4 times a week would be ideal but do whatever you can do! Sometimes I go run the trails because I like being outside and time to myself. Sometimes I go to the gym and take a class, or sometimes I do my own workout at the gym. If I can’t do any of this I will go in my living room and do a little made-up workout like sit-ups, walking lunges, squats with weights, yoga video, or a Tracy Anderson video- youtube it!!
- I do not strictly follow one diet but I generally follow a low-carb, high- protein diet. I love Paleo recipes, a good salad ( but watch the dressing!!), grilled chicken and veggies, and at this time of year soups!!! Just not the creamy ones of course!! I try to eat small amounts several time throughout the day.
- Cute acive wear!! Like this stuff from Nordstrom! It actually works!! When I have a cute workout gear on it really does motivate me to workout!! So many times I wear it for the day because Im more motivated to make it to the gym if Im already dressed for the gym.
Hope that helps, if you have any other questions please ask!!